All the renovations to our pretty rundown house were done by ourself. Well almost all of it, we had some help off course and specialists to help with the electrics and central heating.
There used to be a gas heater in one corner of our living room (besides a big fireplace). We took it out because the thing was to ugly for words and there was no need for it anymore as we installed central heating anyway. The problem by taking away the flue was we were left with a very rough and black wall in the corner.
To make the wall less black and more even we chipped away as much as we could. But that was still not enough to plaster over it. So I designed bookshelf’s in the corner to cover up the rugged wall.
All in all we’ve created a good looking, functional cover up.
My patterns are also for sale at: