As my necklaces got tangled up in my accessory drawer, I decided to make a jewellery wrap or roll (who knows…). It keeps al my necklaces and other accessories organised and gives a great overview of what I can choose from. And not only handy at home but also to take along while traveling.
I did not make instructions, but if you are interested to make your own, here are some sizes and tips to help you on your way:
- finished width: 31,5 cm
- finished height (unfolded) 31,5 cm
- fold down top 3,5 cm
- fold up at bottom 7 cm
- I cut two 33 cm x 33 cm squares of fabric.
- Made the bias binding and pinned those on the right side of the inside fabric.
- Lay the two squares right sides together (with the binding for the necklaces in its place).
- Sewed around with a 1/4 inch seam, leave an opening to turn the right side out.
- Topstitch all around.
- Pin bottom flap up and sew the vertical seams to dived the ‘necklace sections’, I used 3,5 cm distance between each.
- I attached the wider binding for rings at the bottom and at the top I attached two small push buttons to access the rings.
- There’s a bigger pocket at the bottom of the ring strap, I use this for bangle bracelets or a small pouch with drawstrings with earrings. You could ad a zipper here to create a close pocket … but I hate sewing zippers so I took the easy way out 😉
Enjoy making your own!!
Have a look at all my SEWING PATTERNS and DIY FURNITURE PLANS atMY ETSY SHOP