A playful and airy baby quilt, made with simple techniques. This baby quilt is great to make either for a boy or girl, or to make it more gender neutral. It’s a very easy and quick quilt. The wonky log cabin is a great technique that is sewn as you go. As there is no strict design, everything you do is correct. The wonky colourful squares really stand out in the more serene surrounding with weave effect. A great quilt for the novice quilter.
BUY THIS PATTERN
– at my Etsy shop –
This pattern includes step by step instructions to make this crib size quilt. There is also a quilt sizes chart with block quantities and fabric amounts for 6 quilt sizes (crib, throw, single, double, queen and king). In the attachments you’ll find four colour designs and colouring stencils for each quilt size to create your own colour combination.
TIPS: Use a fabric with direction for the areas around the wonky log cabin to accentuate the weave effect in this quilt!
If you don’t have the time, or don’t feel like doing the wonky log cabins, use fussy cut fabrics with a distinct design instead.
This PDF pattern contains:
- Instructions with photo’s & text to make this quilt
- All the necessary fabric amount and measurements for:
- crib size quilt (ca. 90cm × 120cm (36″ × 48″))
- throw size quilt (ca. 150cm × 180cm (60″ × 72″))
- single size quilt (ca. 180cm × 210cm (72″ × 84″))
- double size quilt (ca. 210cm × 240cm (84″ × 96″))
- queen size quilt (ca. 240cm × 270cm (86″ × 108″))
- king size quilt (ca. 270cm × 270cm (108″ × 108″))
- Eight colour suggestions
- Colouring stencils for all quilt sizes
This is another project that was published in the Bookazine ‘Quilting and Patchwork for Beginners’. The other four published projects are the Crisp Cool Coasters, the Alhambra Throw Quilt, the Diamonds and More Tote Bag and the Topsy-Turvy X Cushion Cover
Have a look at all my SEWING PATTERNS and DIY FURNITURE PLANS atMY ETSY SHOP